WHAT WE BELIEVE
1. We believe in the Apostolic Faith. We embrace the very substance of the faith of the apostles and the martyrs as outlined in the Apostles’ Creed circa 1st or 2nd century: We believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth! We believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son our Lord: Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried. The third day, He rose from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father, Almighty. From there, He shall come to judge the living and the dead. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Christian* Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting! AMEN!
*original language was catholic, meaning universal or worldwide.
2. We believe that the Bible is the authoritative, true, written Word of God. It reveals the Truth about God, contains everything necessary for salvation, and is our standard for right and wrong. (Psalm 119:105; Hebrews 4:12; 2 Timothy 3:15,16; Proverbs 30:5, 1 Thessalonians 2:13).
3. We believe in the Wesleyan understanding of salvation:
4. All need to be saved. (Romans 3:23; 6:23, John 14:6, Acts 4:11-12)
5. All can be saved. (2 Peter 3:9, Acts 2:21, Romans 10:13; 8:29,30, Eph. 1:5,11)
6. All can know that they are saved. (Romans 8:16)
7. All can be saved to the utmost. (Philippians 1:6, 3:12, Matthew 5:48, Col. 1:28)
7. We believe all the Gifts of the Holy Spirit are still available for the Body of believers. Every born-again believer is filled with the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Adoption (Romans 8:15-17). Either at the same time of salvation or on subsequent occasion(s), believers also need to receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit--the Baptism of Fire, the clothing with power from on high (references ). Spirit baptism is to equip the believer with power to be witnesses for Jesus the Messiah. Each believer has a unique mix of spiritual gifts to equip him/her to serve in/through the Body of Christ to minister to a hurting world.
8. We value and celebrate the Jewish Roots of our faith. We believe an accurate understanding of the New Testament faith and practice is impossible when divorced from its Jewish roots and culture. We seek to study, understand, teach and embrace the Jewish roots and practices of the Christian faith. We celebrate the major Jewish Feasts.
9. We believe in the Sacraments of Baptism and Communion.
10. Baptism of infants is claiming them in faith as children of God. This act does not “save” the child. Children are covered under the grace of God until the age of accountability. Infant baptism must subsequently be confirmed by the child receiving salvation by grace through faith for him/herself and publically professing that faith when he/she is old enough and ready to do so. We call this second act confirmation.
10. Baptism of believers. We will baptize those who confess their sin and place their faith and trust in Jesus as Savior and Lord, and have not been baptized previously. We offer immersion baptism as well as pouring or sprinkling.
11. Communion: We believe in the real presence of Jesus spiritually present in the communion elements when they are consecrated. We practice open communion: All who repent of their sin, confess Jesus as Savior and Lord, and seek to live in love and peace with their neighbors are welcome at the Lord’s Table. We offer Holy Communion no less than once a month and seek opportunities to celebrate it more frequently.